2016 has been a little bit of a whirl wind so far, I mean we’re already in April! But I’m happy that the season is changing and getting a lot warmer but another thing changing this year is my out look on life and self.
I’ve been learning a lot about myself, what I like and dislike and when to speak up about certain things and when to let things go. This is good. I feel that in your twenties is the time to discover who you are as a person, what you believe in and what you want out of life and it’s definitely the time to invest in yourself and take a few risks.
How does one get to this place of sudden clarity? Transitioning safely from teen years into adulthood with a whole world of unanswered questions and expectations placed on you to be great ( which you will be give yourself time). I don’t think there is one full proof route one has to take to suddenly become the person they’ve always wanted to be, we’re all uniquely individual and have experienced different things in life which make us in turn think and approach situations differently. Embrace that, it’s what makes you different from everyone else.
Here are some tips which I have found recently which might just steer you in the right direction though.
- If it feels wrong, don’t do it.
- Say “exactly” what you mean.
- Don’t be a people pleaser.
- Trust your instincts
- Never speak badly about yourself.
- Never give up on you dreams. ( No matter how big or scary it might seem, go for it anyway. Better is the view from the top of the mountain than the bottom! Climb that sucka!)
- Don’t be afraid to say “no”.
- Don’t be afraid to say “yes”.
- Resist the need to always have control.
- Stay away from drama and negativity – as much as possible.
Source via Tumblr: Lessons Learned in Life
Some of these you probably already knew but just needed a little reminder which is sometimes all you need. Give yourself the environment and the chance to grow to become the person you know you can be and while you’re on this journey embrace the person you are now. They’ve helped you to get to where you are today.
Embrace your entire frame, body, mind and beauty. Give it a go.
“I try to live in a little bit of my own joy and not let people steal it or take it.”-Hoda Kotb